Not often do opportunities to be part of Cambodia’s cultural renaissance come across my desk… but here it is.
Voted ‘Best of Phnom Penh Gift Guide’ by the Phnom Penh Post and featured in The Wall Street Journal, this shopfront, culture shock and internet sensation is ripe for a passionate music / culture buff or commercially-minded NGO to take to the next level.
The recently renovated shopfront with its own living quarters is nestled in the leafy back streets of Chaktomuk, surrounded by the tell-tale signs of a thriving urban art scene. Its owner is selling for personal reasons but on extensive viewing, the gallery / lounge has clearly been a consistent success since when it first opened in 2014 in a Riverside location. In-store live music, exhibitions and other cool events garnish this already tasty commercial venture.
The business itself sells prints, rare and new Vinyl and CD’s (500+ selections), original paintings, t-shirts, Khmer gifts, vintage rock posters, books and other collectables both in-house and online.
All items are delivered locally and internationally.
So, for the new owner, it’s a functional turnkey operation with heaps more potential.
• $400/month lease ending March 2028 ($1600 deposit)
• 60 sqm shop-house (incl. mezzanine bedroom, sitting room and 35 sqm shop floor + bathroom)
• Adjoining kitchen and second bathroom
• $20,000 of inventory included in the sale
• $20,000 tasteful renovation already completed to western standards (full interior, lighting a/c, etc.)
• Up to date and published ‘live’ website and eBay listings also included in sale
• $12,000 in credit card transactions this calendar year alone ($31,000 in 2018)
• $60,000+ annual turnover
• Minimal additional outgoings – EDC, water, product purchasing, insurance, website, accounting, etc…
• Detailed finances can be made available upon serious enquiry.
Original ID: DP5.U3