In earlier times, this Khmer treasure was home to the Directeur of the Banque Nationale De Paris (previously housed next door), but has recently been renovated to accentuate its former pre-WW2 glory.
Despite its private street access and balcony looking over Kandal Market, you would hardly know it was there and… when you’re inside; you would hardly know Phnom Penh was busily getting on with business outside.
An ‘Oasis in the City’ is almost too much of a cliché, but comes close to the truth. This superbly-appointed domicile is something to experience. Everything about it is authentically Khmer – tiled flooring, shutters, high ceilings and peaceful mezzanine area.
On leaving the street and starting the ascent up the gentle staircase, you will know this place is different. When you enter the secure foyer, you enter another secure doorway that opens into a cathedral-like space. From there, you can enter the terrazzo kitchen, lounge/dining, two generous bedrooms (one oversized mezzanine) and bathroom.
Any way you look at it, this is a rare opportunity to rent a slice of Phnom Penh’s rich history.
• Front gate with first layer of security
• 150 sqm living space (excluding double width balcony)
• Vestibule and front door with with second and third layers of security
• Air-conditioning in upper bedrooms
• Two bedrooms (1 mezzanine) and one bathroom
• Khmer-style galley kitchen gas hob and low energy fridge
• Huge dining / living room
• Double length balcony overlooking Kandal Market
Original ID: DP2.I22